Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sign of the times

Sometime this morning a really large piece of equipment appeared by our freight elevators at work. Whatever it is; it's in a big grey metal frame and we (me and a couple other engineers) decided it's some type of chiller for the computer room.

After lunch, I headed into the kitchen and noticed a guy sitting on the floor reading something which I assumed were instructions.

When I headed into the hallway a little later I noticed a sticker had been placed on both visible sides.

I have a thing for industrial signage....

I have no idea what I'd do with it but I want this sticker so bad. Of course, it would have been bad to take it as I'm sure the sticker is crucial when they're loading the large (think 4 industrial refrigerators side by side) equipment onto something. The stickers weren't in the physical center of the sides; so even removing them to photocopy them might have been bad if I didn't get them replaced correctly. I'm not sure what they're going to do with it because I don't think it'll fit in the freight elevator. I guess if I come in tomorrow and it's gone I'll know the little GSA gnomes carried it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment