Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

The best of times and the worst of times

So I closed on my house and made frantic time to get everything painted and my stuff moved in. Then the Tuesday after that my mom called and said dad had fallen in the night and he wasn't well. He passed away that Thursday afternoon. I don't really have much to say about it now other than it's hard as a lifelong daddy's girl to lose your dad. He was the one person I always knew was on my side....always.




We buried him in the National cemetery this past Tuesday and I'm helping mom the best I can to process stuff and go through paperwork without making her feel like a frail old lady; because she's not. I wrote most of his obituary and I know I'm not processing this yet; but I just can't fathom life without that 89 year old man in my life. Geez, what suckitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment